Thai Rice Noodles
- 12 ounces fresh rice noodles (rice ribbon noodles)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, cut into thin, bite-size pieces (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut rice noodles into strips 1 inch wide and 3 to 4 inches long; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add noodles; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until edges of noodles
just begin to turn golden.
- Remove noodles from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; add chicken, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir for
2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in broccoli, carrots and
onion; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the oyster sauce, brown sugar and noodles; heat through.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 1/22/2002 12:06 pm.