Thai Shrimp Wraps
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1 cup peeled and de-veined cooked tiny bay shrimp
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bottled Asian peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas, preferably spinach-flavored
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oil and salt.
- Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until water
is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add shrimp, carrot, scallions, peanut sauce, cilantro, mint, lime juice and soy
sauce to rice. Toss gently to mix.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and heat in a microwave oven on high until
soft, about 15 seconds.
- Spoon half of shrimp mixture onto lower third of one tortilla
to form a 2 x 5-inch rectangle. Fold in sides to enclose filling, then firmly but
gently roll up.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling.
- Cut wraps in half on the diagonal and serve.