Thai Spring Rolls
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (500 g)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (50 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey (25 mL)
- 1 (5 ounce/150 g) package thin rice noodles, softened in water and then drained
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, shredded (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, shredded (125 mL)
- 24 rice paper wrappers
- 1 small head Boston lettuce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place pork on foil-lined baking sheet; brush on garlic marinade.
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until pork is slightly pink inside.
- Let cool; cut into thin 1 1/2-inch long slices.
- In large bowl, toss together pork, rice noodles, carrots, mint and cilantro.
- Fill wide shallow pan with hot water and spread dish towel out on work surface.
- Dip rice wrapper into water for about 3 seconds, until softened, and place it in
front of you on towel.
- Place lettuce leaf on lower third of rice wrapper.
- Arrange 2 tablespoons (25
mL) of the noodle mixture on lettuce. Fold bottom edge over the filling, tucking
in sides; roll up into a tight cylinder.
- Place roll on platter and cover with a
damp towel to prevent from drying out.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Yield: about 24 rolls
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/21/02 6:20:32 pm.