Thai Sweet and Sour Pork
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 large ripe plum tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned crosswise
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 whole scallions, finely sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime quarters for garnish
- Minced hot chiles for garnish
- Heat oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions until they soften and color.
- Add pork and brown quickly.
- Stir in garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add red pepper and sauté until it begins to soften.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber and pineapple and cook a minute or two.
- Lower heat and add fish sauce, sugar, scallions and black pepper. Stir well.
If mixture seems too thick, add a little water.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with lime quarters and chiles.
Yield: 2 servings