Thai Velvet Chicken Salad
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned and boned
- 1 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons
matchstick cut cucumber
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
tablespoon Thai basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh lemongrass
- 1/4 cup peanut
- 1/4 cup nam pla, Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- Lettuce leaves for garnish
- Rub the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and let it stand 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 quarts water to boiling in a saucepan and add the chicken. Turn off the
heat, cover the pot and let it sit for 20 minutes. The chicken should be just cooked
- Shred the chicken breast apart along the grain into pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine the vegetables and herbs in large bowl.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients,
except for the lettuce.
- Serve with the lettuce leaves at room temperature.
4 appetizer servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine March 20, 2002 11:01:30.