This dip is intended to be served with deep-fried tofu.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, ground
- 3 cilantro sprigs, chopped
- Mix the first five ingredients in a pot and bring them to a slow boil over moderate
heat. Cook, uncovered, until the mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, pour the mixture into a small serving bowl.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
If keeping in the refrigerator,
keep without the garnish. In a sealed jar it will keep for 2 months.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 25 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories
from fat); 0g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 538mg
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Source: Thai Home-Cooking - recipe by William Crawford & Kamolmal
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes