Tom Kha Gai Soup
(Galanga Soup - Vietnam)
- 6 ounces sliced white chicken meat
- 6 ounces sliced white onions
- 2 or 3 medium pieces galanga (Thai ginger)
- 3 (1-inch) slices lemon grass
- 1 ounce chopped green onion
- 24 ounces water
- 1 (2 ounce) package coconut milk concentrate
- 4 ounces fresh lime or lemon juice
- 4 ounces fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile
- Start heating the water. Add coconut milk concentrate, galanga ginger and lemon
- Add sliced chicken. Bring to a boil. After the soup has boiled for 2 minutes,
add the onions.
- In a serving bowl add the lime juice and fish sauce. Do not add this to the boiling
- When the chicken is cooked, place the soup in the serving bowl with the sauces.
- Garnish with the green onions, spice to taste with red chile and serve.
Yield: 4 servings