Vietnamese Banana Fritters
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 small, firm bananas
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, egg, and milk to make a smooth, paste-like batter.
Let rest for one hour.
- Peel the bananas and slice each one in half lengthwise, then across into chunks
about three inches long.
- Dip the banana pieces into the batter and shallow fry in
hot oil for a few minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Drain quickly on a wire rack or paper towel, and serve warm.
- If you like, serve them with confectioners' sugar or honey for extra sweetness.