Vietnamese Chicken Salad (Goi-Ga)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup cilantro (or basil or mint), shredded
- Black pepper, freshly-ground
- Poach chicken in lightly salted, simmering water until juices run clear (about
- Remove from the liquid and cool. Shred meat.
- In small bowl, stir together lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chile
peppers and garlic.
- Stir in onions.
- Cover and let steep at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Blanch bean sprouts in boiling water.
- Drain and refresh with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, bean sprouts, cabbage and cilantro.
- Add sauce and toss to mix well.