Vietnamese Lemon Chicken Skewers
Don't marinate the chicken too long or the acidity will "cook"
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 bamboo skewers
- Combine the scallions, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, sugar, fish
sauce and oil in a medium-size bowl.
- Slice the chicken crosswise on the diagonal into wide strips. Place in the
marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak the skewers in warm
water for 1 hour.
- Heat broiler or grill. Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
5 inches from the heat source for about 4 minutes per side, or until done.
- Alternately, grill the chicken for about 4 minutes per side.