Vietnamese Stir Fry
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- Cut pork into 2-inch slices.
- Chop lemongrass into 2-inch pieces and crush with mallet. Be sure they stay intact.
After marinating you will remove these.
- Combine garlic, brown sugar and peppercorns and crush to make a paste.
- Add veggie oil, sake, fish sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the lemongrass.
- Pour this marinade over the pork and marinate overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok.
- Stir fry pork until done.
- Prepare the finishing sauce by combining the oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame
oil, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Add to wok and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
From the kitchen of Kevin Taylor.