Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This was excellent and very different than any coffee cake I have ever had. I only made one change: I added about 1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind to the cherry pie filling before baking. Many thanks for a delicious recipe.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and extract. Mix to blend.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to above mixture alternately with sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into a greased and floured* 12 inch tube pan.
- Spread cherries evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 1 hour (or until done) at 350 degrees F.
- Cool for 5 minutes, and transfer to plate.
- Top with glaze and slivered almonds. To make the glaze, mix 3/4 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon almond extract and 1 tablespoon water.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!
Posted by Cookin' Dad at Recipe Goldmine 1/26/2002 7:52 am.
Source: Posted by Pat in Indiana on Cook'n'Chat