Pistachio Sour Cream Bread
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 jar maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix all ingredients for bread except cherries, with mixer for three minutes
- Stir in cherries, if using.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into a large greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture, then repeat with remaining batter
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted
into center comes out clean. You may need to cover with foil tent for the last
15 minutes so the top does not over-brown.
- Remove from the pan onto dish towel and cool.
- Drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze, if desired, when cool.