Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup commercial dairy eggnog
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease well and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a spoon, add flour to creamed
mixture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in coconut and flavorings. Blend well.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan.