Lemon Pound Cake with Raspberry Swirl
A pretty awesome dessert – pink swirls of raspberry in a moist lemon pound cake.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 20 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer
on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour and baking soda on low speed until just blended.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter to small bowl.
- Stir in raspberry extract and red food color.
- Stir lemon extract into remaining batter.
- Pour 1/2 of the lemon batter into greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the raspberry batter.
- Repeat layers.
- Run a knife through batter to swirl raspberry batter into lemon batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hr | Serves: 12
Cooking Tip: For easier measurement, 1/4 teaspoon food color = 20 to 25 drops
Garnishing Tip: For a sweet garnish, drizzle pound cake with Raspberry Glaze.
Mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon water and 2 teaspoons McCormick®
Raspberry Extract in medium bowl until well blended. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 346 Sodium:
135mg Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 50g Cholesterol: 98mg Protein: 5g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes