Old Smoky's Cranberry Raisin Nut Bread
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 heaping cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons real butter, room temperature
- 1 heaping cup frozen cranberries, cleaned and drained (but still frozen)
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add raisins and walnuts.
- In another bowl, mix together egg and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and blend.
- Add 3 tablespoons of real butter and blend again.
- Add 1 heaping cup of cleaned, drained but still frozen cranberries.
- Grease and flour pan, and pour in batter. Let sit for 20 minutes
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
Source: Genie Heizer, Old Smoky's, from her grandmother's recipe
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes