Smitty's Divinity Cookies
Smitty's was a grocery chain in Arizona for many years. They closed their doors
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 heaping cup shortening or butter (DO NOT use margarine
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix together confectioners' sugar and shortening.
- Add remaining ingredients and
blend well using a mixer to form dough the consistency of putty. Don’t over-blend.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased and floured baking sheet (or
parchment) about one inch apart. Flatten balls to about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle
with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes or until sides become slightly golden.
Do not brown.
Makes about 36 cookies.