Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1 1/2 packages (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup PLANTERS Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour large baking sheet.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the chocolate. Microwave remaining chocolate in small microwavable
bowl on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted; cool slightly.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in melted chocolate
and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half. On floured board, shape each half into 10 x 2-inch log.
Place, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on baking sheet 15 minutes.
- Place logs on cutting board; diagonally cut each log into 18 slices using serrated
knife. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes, turning biscotti over after 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt reserved chocolate as directed on package. Drizzle over biscotti.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Yield: 36 servings, 1 cookie each
Storage Know-How: Store in tightly covered container up to 2 weeks.
Great Substitute: Prepare as directed, using
1 package (12 ounces) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks.
Nutritional Information: Calories 130 Total fat 6 g Saturated fat 2.5 g Cholesterol
20 mg Sodium 55 mg Carbohydrate 17 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 10 g Protein 2 g Vitamin
0 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):