These are especially good warm, while the chocolate is still soft.
- 3/4 cup flour, spooned lightly into cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup
chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar (half granulated, if desired)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a small bowl measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, All-Bran,
nuts and chocolate morsels; stir together; set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan barely melt butter or margarine. Remove from heat; stir in sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; whisk or beat with fork to blend well.
- With a rubber
spatula, stir in dry ingredients. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until cake tester
comes out dry, about 20 minutes.