Cherry Whiskey Pork Loin
- 1 can Oregon Fruit Products Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried fruit - cranberries, apricots, mixed
- 1/2 cup cherry whiskey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 dried peppers or 1 dash cayenne
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Combine minced garlic and sliced onions with cherries, dried fruit, whiskey, salt and peppers into bowl.
- Place pork tenderloin into zip lock bag and pour entire contents into the bag. Roll the bag to coat the meat and mix the contents. Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
- Once marinated, heat the oven to 325 degrees F, remove pork tenderloin and pour liquid contents into a saucepan. Bring liquid to a slow simmer and reduce to a thick sauce. Lift fruit and onion mixture occasionally to expose liquid to the pan.
- Pan sear the tenderloin in 2 tablespoons of oil to brown the surface. Place seared pork tenderloin into a baking pan and cook until done; 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice down to serve 1 to 2 slices per person. Lay slices on a bed of rice and pour fruit into mound in the center. Spoon liquid over the entire dish.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Oregon Fruit Products