Cinnamon Apple Pork Roast
- 1 (2 pound) boneless, skinless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced into wedges
- Brush pork loin with oil. Combine all the pepper and half of the ginger, nutmeg,
and cinnamon. Rub mixture over surface of roast.
- In small saucepan, combine the other half of the spices with the apple juice,
honey, lemon juice and apple wedges.
- Roast pork loin in shallow pan in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes to an hour,
until internal temperature reads 155 degrees F.
- Remove from oven; let roast stand for 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise
to 160 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, cook apple mixture over medium heat until apples are tender.
- Serve sliced roast with apples.
Yield: 6 servings