Coca-Cola Pork Loin
- 1 (3-5 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground marjoram
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 liter Coca-Cola
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Combine the dry seasonings and rub over the pork loin.
- In a large roasting pan or cast iron skillet heat the oil. Sear
all sided of the loin until crisp. Place the seared loin in a deep
pan and cover with a lid or plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the loin is
- Remove the loin and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Bring the remaining juices to a boil over the stove.
- Make slurry
with cornstarch and water and thicken the juices. Adjust the seasoning
of the sauce with salt, pepper and brown sugar if needed.