Goofproof Cream Cheese Pie Crust
This easy-to-prepare Goofproof Cream Cheese Pie Crust makes enough dough for a single-crust 9-inch pie. It also makes the perfect pastry topping for your favorite pot pie recipe. If preparing a two-crust pie, double all ingredients and shape dough into 2 balls before refrigerating and rolling out.
Yield: 1 (9 inch) crust
Use this pie crust to make the delicious Chicken-Bacon Pot Pie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Place flour in large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Shape dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place dough between 2 lightly floured sheets of wax paper; roll into 10-inch round. Discard top sheet of wax paper.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; invert over dough. Flip pie plate, holding pie plate and dough together. Discard second sheet of wax paper.
- Gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Flute edge of crust, if desired, then use as desired.
When shaping the dough into a ball, handle it as little as possible to help prevent the baked crust from becoming tough.