Avery Island Deviled Shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound breaded shrimp
Deviled Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consommé
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 cups hot cooked long grained white rice
- Shrimp: Melt butter in skillet over low heat; add shrimp and cook until
browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Deviled Shrimp Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; add onion
and garlic. Sauté until tender over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice and rice. Heat to boiling,
reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about
- Add lemon juice.
- Place rice on a serving platter. Put the shrimp on top and top with the
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing