- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (1 pound) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/4 cups cooked or canned shrimp
- Sauté onion and celery in margarine until limp.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, Tabasco sauce and parsley.
Simmer, covered for 15 minutes to blend flavors; stir occasionally.
- Add shrimp to sauce; stir to mix. Let stand a few minutes to heat shrimp;
do not boil.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or spaghetti.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing