Black Pepper Shrimp
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp (in shells)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash and drain shrimp; pat dry.
- Place shrimp in 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Coat shrimp with black pepper.
- Melt butter in saucepan with garlic, then pour over shrimp.
- Sauté 3 to 4 minutes, then bake about 5 minutes, stir, add more pepper,
then bake a few minutes more (until shrimp are pink).
Yield: 6 servings
Plan at least 1/2 pound shrimp per person.
Source: Paula Deen, The Lady & Sons Restaurant, Savannah, Georgia