Blackened Dry Rub Cajun Ribs
Pork spare ribs are coated with a spicy Cajun-style dry rub and baked until
- 2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 8 ounce portions
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the ribs
in the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 45 minutes.
Drain the ribs.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Rub the mixture
on all sides of the warm ribs.
- Place the ribs in a single layer in a shallow baking pan and bake for 45
minutes, or until the ribs are tender and nicely browned.
- Serve hot.