Buttery Cajun Shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a wide ovenproof skillet or baking
pan just large enough to hold the shrimp in one layer.
- Place the pan in the oven to melt butter.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat with butter mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink
- Remove from oven just as they become pink. They will cook another minute
or 2 in the hot skillet. The shrimp will exude a lot of juice and give you a
generous amount of sauce for pouring over bread or potatoes or to use for dipping.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing