- 4 bamboo skewers, 8 to 10 inches long, soaked in
cold water for 15 minutes
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined,
but with tails intact
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Blackened Cajun
spices (ground to a smooth consistency, if needed))
- Wrap each shrimp in a half slice of bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
- Skewer six shrimp on each bamboo skewer.
- Dredge the skewers in the Cajun seasoning.
- Lightly coat a cast iron skillet with oil and heat till almost smoking.
- Lay skewers in pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Bacon should
be soft but cooked and shrimp should be pink.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce