Cajun Fried Turkey
If you’ve never tried frying a turkey, what are you waiting for? Get ready
for perfectly crispy skin and classic Cajun flavors.
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 (12- to 16-pound) turkey
- 5 gallons peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, butter,
lemon juice and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning over low heat
until butter is melted.
- Using a large syringe, inject marinade into all meaty areas of
turkey (breasts, thighs, legs, and wings). If possible, let turkey
marinate for 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator. Remove turkey at least 30
minutes before frying.
- Prepare turkey fryer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fill fryer stockpot with peanut oil to within 10 to 12 inches of
top. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers
300 degrees F.
- Lower turkey very slowly and carefully into pot, and cover. Maintain
a temperature of 280 degrees to 310 degrees F. Fry for 3 1/2 minutes per
pound of turkey; the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. (For
a 12-pound turkey, fry for approximately 42 minutes.)
- Remove turkey from pot, and let drain.
- Wrap in foil, and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving.
Yield: 10 to 14 servings
by Morgan Clay
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Slap Ya Mama
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.