- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 2 pounds cooked crawfish meat, shrimp and/or crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 pistolettes (football-shaped brown 'n' serve rolls)
- Vegetable oil or shortening for frying
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions and garlic in butter over
medium heat until translucent.
- Add evaporated milk, Velveeta, water, seafood and seasoning. Cook on low
until just heated through.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Fill a deep frying pan with vegetable oil about halfway. Heat oil.
- Fry pistolettes until they are browned, turning if necessary.
- While still hot, holding fried pistolette in a potholder, make a slit in
one end. Stick a spoon inside and twirl it around to make some room inside the
- Using a spoon, stuff with seafood mixture.
- Eat immediately.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce