Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Skewers
- 32 jumbo tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 (4 ounce) Cajun sausages, fully cooked
- 4 red onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Marinate the shrimp in olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper for 1 hour.
- Cut the sausages into quarters.
- Alternate the shrimp and sausage pieces on four bamboo or wood skewers;
- Quarter the onions and peppers. Cut the pepper quarters in half.
- Arrange onions and peppers on four bamboo or wood skewers.
- Cook all eight skewers on a grill for 2 to 5 minutes per side or until shrimp
turn pale white.
- Serve one of each skewer over cooked rice on four dinner plates.
Yield: 4 servings