Cajun Seafood and Noodles
- 6 ounces uncooked medium noodles (about 3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
(about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground
red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen cooked
small shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen
crabmeat, thawed, drained and cartilage removed
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper,
onion, parsley, red pepper, pepper and garlic in oil 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour and tomatoes; break up tomatoes. Cook uncovered, stirring
frequently, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in okra, shrimp and crabmeat. Cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over noodles.
Yield: 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce