Cajun Shrimp and Tomatoes
Dinner ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy this cheesy recipe that’s made with shrimp,
tomatoes and Bisquick® mix - perfect if you love Cajun cuisine.
- 5 plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red bell peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese (8 ounces)
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Lightly spray 4 (12-oz) individual baking dishes (ramekins) with cooking
- In medium bowl, mix tomatoes, roasted peppers and dressing. Divide evenly
among baking dishes.
- In shallow bowl, stir together Bisquick mix and Cajun seasoning. Coat shrimp
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat. Add
half of the shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp are
- Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp over tomato mixture in each baking dish.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over shrimp in each baking dish.
- Broil with tops 5 inches from heat 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and
light golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
Prep time 30 Min
Total time 30 Min
1 Serving Calories 549, Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 17g, ), Sodium 1464mg
Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 4g ), Protein 41g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A0%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium0%; Iron0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat;
2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce