- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a wide oven-proof skillet or baking
pan just big enough to hold the shrimp in one layer. Place the pan in the oven
just to melt butter. Add the shrimp and stir to coat with butter mixture.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is pink and
- Remove from oven just as they become pink . They will continue to cook another
minute or two in the hot skillet. The shrimp will exude a lot of juice and give
you a generous amount of sauce for pouring over bread or potatoes or to use
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce