Creole Cod Cake Sliders with Cajun Tartar Sauce
Delicious Alaska Cod Cake Sliders topped with a delicious Cajun tartar sauce.
- 1/2 cup canned, fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup regular or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard (or spicy mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
Alaska Cod Cakes
- 1 pound Alaska Cod fillets, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1/2 to1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (1 to 2 slices of bread, torn into small pieces)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slider buns, toasted
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Tartar Sauce: Mix together ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Alaska Cod Cakes: Fill a large sauté pan or stockpot with enough water to cover seafood; bring to a simmer.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to water; return heat to a simmer. Once simmering, cover pan tightly and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen seafood or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Turn off heat and let seafood rest in liquid for 5 minutes, or until seafood is opaque throughout.
- Remove cod from water; cool slightly and flake into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together chipotle powder, pepper, onion powder, thyme and salt.
- In a larger bowl, place cod flakes, fresh bread crumbs, egg and garlic. Sprinkle on seasoning blend; mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 8 cod cakes.
- Sauté cakes in olive oil until browned on both sides. Keep warm.
- Assembly: Spread about 1 tablespoon tartar sauce on bottom halves of slider buns. Top each
with about 2 tablespoons lettuce and a cod cake. Spoon on additional 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce; close with bun tops.
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 15 min | Serves: 4
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.