Louisiana Crawfish Dressing
- 6 cups sliced squash (2 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups peeled crawfish tails
- Combine squash and water in a Dutch oven; cook until tender. Drain well.
- Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in butter until tender.
- Add vegetables and egg to squash; stir in breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.