Red Chili Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lard or shortening
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the lard until it looks
like fine meal.
- Throw in the chili powder, cheese and sourdough starter. Mix until
flour is moistened.
- Place mixture on a floured surface, knead lightly and pat to
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch cutter.
- Put biscuits into a greased pan.
at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.