Red Chili Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lard or shortening
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the lard until it looks
like fine meal.
- Throw in the chili powder, cheese and sourdough starter. Mix until
flour is moistened.
- Place mixture on a floured surface, knead lightly and pat to
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch cutter.
- Put biscuits into a greased pan.
at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.