Roggenbrot (Sourdough Rye)
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 2 cups rye flour
- Water as needed
- Knead the sponge ingredients for 5 minutes; allow to sit for 8 hours or longer.
- Add the dough ingredients and select the basic, white or grain cycle and press
- This is a heavy dough that rises slowly and needs a relatively long rise, such
as a last rise of 2 hours or more. This means you will need a programmable machine
or you can prepare it on the dough cycle and then shape and allow to rise in a regular
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done. The interior should read 200 degrees
F when a thermometer is inserted in the center.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 126 Calories; 2g Fat (13.1% calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 194mg
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.