Sourdough Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup thick sourdough starter
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 eggs
- 3 (1 ounce) squares chocolate, melted
- Mix sourdough starter, water, flour and dry milk; let ferment for 2 to 3 hours
in a warm place until bubbly and there is a clear sour milk odor.
- Cream, sugar, oil, salt, flavorings and baking soda.
- Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Combine creamed mixture and melted chocolate with
sourdough mixture. Stir 300 strokes or mix at low speed until blended.
- Pour into
2 layer pans or 1 large cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.