Sourdough Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup thick sourdough starter
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 eggs
- 3 (1 ounce) squares chocolate, melted
- Mix sourdough starter, water, flour and dry milk; let ferment for 2 to 3 hours
in a warm place until bubbly and there is a clear sour milk odor.
- Cream, sugar, oil, salt, flavorings and baking soda.
- Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Combine creamed mixture and melted chocolate with
sourdough mixture. Stir 300 strokes or mix at low speed until blended.
- Pour into
2 layer pans or 1 large cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite