Corn Tortilla Chips
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 12 thin corn tortillas
- Salt or garlic salt, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cover tortillas with a towel and let them dry out for at least an hour before
- Pour enough oil into a heavy skillet to measure at least 1 inch in depth.
Heat to 375 degrees F.
- While the oil warms, cut each tortilla into 4 or 6 wedges.
- Fry 6 to 8 tortilla wedges at a time for just a few seconds. The chips should
turn crisp, but not brown.
- Drain the chips and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Sprinkle with salt if you wish.
- Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Appetizer Recipes