Corn and Walnut Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Mexican lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 small can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- Beat all ingredients except corn, walnuts and onion in a large bowl on medium
speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- To serve, line an earthenware bowl with dried corn husks, with about 1 inch
of each husk showing above the rim of the dish.
- Fill the bowl with the dip.
- For garnish, slice 1 small red chile pepper and 1 small green chile pepper in
half. Place cut side up in the center of the dip, with the stems crisscrossing.