Corn and Walnut Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Mexican
- 1 tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Dash of pepper
- 1 small can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons
- Beat all ingredients except corn, walnuts and onion in a large bowl on medium
speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- To serve, line an earthenware bowl with dried corn husks, with about 1 inch
of each husk showing above the rim of the dish.
- Fill the bowl with the dip.
- For garnish, slice 1 small red chile pepper and 1 small green chile pepper in
half. Place cut side up in the center of the dip, with the stems crisscrossing.
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole