Creamy Shrimp Nachos
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated California Queso Blanco cheese (or Monterey Jack)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, pureed and strained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated California Cotija cheese
- 2 1/2 dozen large, flat tortilla chips
- 2 1/2 dozens fresh cilantro leaves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat broiler.
- In medium bowl, stir together Queso Blanco cheese, mayonnaise, shrimp, onions,
chipotle puree, chopped cilantro, lime zest and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture onto each tortilla chip and place on a
- Broil until mixture begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle each with generous teaspoon Cotija cheese.
- Place a cilantro leaf on each nacho and serve immediately.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Milk Advisory Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Appetizer Recipes