Deep Fried Jalapeno Slices
Any Southwestern food addict will love these little morsels.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced jalapeno peppers
- Nacho cheese sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, red chili powder, garlic powder, eggs, and beer
together in a bowl.
- In a deep fryer, or large pot heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Dip the sliced jalapenos into the batter. Place battered jalapenos in
- The jalapenos are fully cooked when they float to the surface of the oil.
- They should be golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with nacho cheese sauce.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
A healthier way to prepare these would be to use an air fryer....much less