- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (1.27 ounce) package fajita seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated Cheddar
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (2
1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In medium skillet, combine chicken, fajita seasoning and water; blend well.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Arrange chips on a large shallow ovenproof platter.
- Top with chicken and cheeses.
- Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Top with tomato, olives, green onions and desired amount of salsa.
- Garnish with guacamole and sour cream.
Yield: 4 appetizer or 2 main dish servings
Sliced jalapenos may be added to the top, if desired.
Other Southwestern appetizer recipes you may like...
Shredded Pork Taquitos
Stinging Scorpion Guacamole