Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Romano cheese
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 (10 ounce)
package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, firmly squeezed toremove moisture
- 1 (6
1/4 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 (8 ounce) container
soft garlic cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella
or Monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put Romano cheese in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Turn
motor on and drop garlic through feed tube to mince.
- Stop machine and add spinach, artichokes, cream cheese and eggs. Process
until thoroughly blended; turn into a medium bowl.
- Fold in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Transfer to a 2- to 3-cup baking dish; bake until heated through, 20 to
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa.
Yield: 16 servings