Beef with Olives and Almonds (Picadillo)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- Hot cooked rice
- Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in 10-inch skillet until beef is light brown;
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, raisins, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and simmer
- Cook and stir almonds over medium heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir almonds and olives into beef mixture.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings