- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pounds pork shoulder (bite-size cubes)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven.
- Remove onion and garlic and brown meat in same pan.
- Return onion and garlic to meat, along with other ingredients.
- Cook slowly for one hour (or until meat is done).
Yield: 4 servings
This is best prepared a day in advance. To reheat, simmer 30 minutes.