- 10 pounds Concord grapes *
- 2 quarts water
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
* For white grape juice, select white Delaware or Tokay grapes.
- Use well-ripened but not overripe grapes. Pick over and wash grapes. Place in
kettle. Cover with the water and let boil until the seeds are free.
- Strain while hot through a cloth bag.
- Heat juice to boiling point and skim. Let boil again and skim; then add sugar.
Heat to the boiling point. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal, or use self-sealing bottles. If ordinary
bottles are used, do not fill too full.
- Immediately after filling, place corks over bottles very lightly at first; as
they cool, push corks down; then cover with melted paraffin or sealing wax to make
the seal airtight.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.