- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack, shredded
- 3 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened;
remove from heat.
- Stir in onion, chiles, salt and cheese.
- Arrange 1/2 a sliced egg and 1 rounded tablespoon ham on each tortilla.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoon cheese sauce over ham.
- Fold both sides of each tortilla over filling; then fold top and bottom to slightly
overlap in center. Place filled tortillas, folded-side down, in a shallow baking
pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings